Admission at HA Prep:
We realize the process of choosing the right school for your son or daughter can be daunting, so we’re always here to help. Whether you’re just gathering information or have an immediate need for a new educational partner, our staff is ready to listen to and address, your concerns. We hope this page answers some of the questions most frequently asked about Admission at HA Prep Academy. Please feel free to call the Admission Office during school hours (919) 748-0212 or click the link below to request more information. We look forward to speak with you and get to know you as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How can I apply to HA Prep Academy?
- Option 1 – You can apply online CLICK HERE.
- Option 2 – You can download the application, attach the necessary documents listed below, then email them to: email@example.com
- Option 3 – You can download the application and the necessary documents listed below, then mail your completed application with copies of all required documents to the Admissions Office; P.O Box 11837, Durham, NC 27703, with a check or money order in the amount of $50 made payable to HA Prep Academy to cover the application fee.
- The Opportunity document – Click here to download
- The Transcript document – Click here to download
- The Recommendation document – Click here to download
- The Personal Recommendation document – Click here to download
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Insurance Card
Q. Is there a deadline to apply to HA Prep Academy?
A. HA Prep Academy operates under a “open enrollment” admission policy. Applications are accepted throughout the year–although the academic calendar indicates the most ideal times for enrollment, which are prior to the beginning of the academic year in August, during the Holiday Break between semesters, etc.
Q. How do I schedule an on-campus interview/tour?
A. Please – click here to schedule an interview
Q. When will I be notified if my child is accepted?
A. We will notify you once we receive all admission paperwork and the applicant participates in an interview. We will make decisions within a few weeks of a completed application.
Q. Does HA Prep Academy offer Financial Aid?
A. HA Prep Academy has a very limited amount of financial aid. This does not affect our decision regarding admission.
Q. What do students do on the weekends?
A. Students participate in socials, off-campus trips, visit family and special activities throughout the year.
Q. Do students wear school uniforms?
A. No. However, it is required that students purchase “HA Prep Swag” of their choice to be worn during the academic day, non-academic hours and special functions. These items will be disbursed to the student during orientation once they arrive on campus.
Q. Is there a mandatory study hall?
A. Yes. All students observe “Quiet Time” during the course of the school day or evening hours.
“I’ve set the bar extremely high and the expectation is that we meet our students where they are, while showing them where they need to be based off of their goals and assisting them every step along the way, in order to ultimately have them raise the bar. That is how we create an environment of accountability and support.” Founders Quote
Malcom J. Reed